Building Europe From Roots

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday 11 October 2010

HOTEL AND HOST FAMILIES

HOTEL 

As I haven't been able to find rooms at the same hotel, I have booked at Hotel Costa Vella for Italy, Romania and Turkey. There were not triple rooms but they offered to put a third bed in the biggest room of the hotel. It is a little more expensive but, as Nicoleta and Bruno will come on 23rd, it seemed better to host both of them in the same hotel.


I remind you the prices (breakfast included):
  • triple: 99+8% IVA
  • double: 65+8% IVA
  • single: 50+8% IVA

This is what I have booked at Hotel Costa Vella:
  • Romania:1 triple and 1 single (23rd to 30th)
  • Italy: 1 double and 1 single (23rd to 30th)
  • Turkey: 2 double (24th to 30th)

Greece and Poland will stay at Hotel Entrecercas.


Prices (breakfast and taxes included):
  • double: 75
  • single: 55

The booking I've done is:
  • Greece: 2 double (24th to 30th)
  • Poland: 1 double and 1 single (24th to 30th)

I hope everything is OK and you enjoy your stay at the hotels.



HOST FAMILIES

I think I have already found host families for all the students.



QUIZ

You can send me the questionnaires on Thursday and I'll upload on the forum page.

A colleague asked me if our quiz had any rules and I didn't know what to answer. I suppose the school that first solves all the quizzes will win, but I have some doubts:

Of course, the students will upload the answers only if the whole questionnaire is solved. But,
must the students upload the answers of all the questionnaires together or can they upload the answers of each questionnare as they are finding them out?
Please, let me know you opinion.


ABOUT THE EXPENSES

Nicoleta, we took part in other Comenius and we used to pay the excursions, tickets organised by our school here in Spain..., but we can speak about it if you want. But not today, I am going to have a drink because tomorrow it's holiday here in Spain.


Good evening

9 comments:

  1. Hotel and hosting families: OK

    quizzes: I have some doubts, too.
    I think it is better to make them upload answers when they have finished to answers all the questions.

    Another question: have you corrected the questions? I have read my students' ones and of course there are some mistakes.
    I mean, is it better to correct students' works or not before uploading?

    I need your suggestions...

    Expenses: I agree with Paloma. If you all agree, group's excursions, visits of museums and other activities organised by the hosting school (not personal expenses, of course) can be paid by the same hosting school.
    I think it is better.


    Another question, I found on the students' forum a name: Johanna, is she someone of the group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our questionnaire has been corrected.

    I agree with you. I think they must upload the answers of all the questionnaires at the same time, not one by one.

    I don't know Johanna, it is neither a Spanish student or teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://cid-e4e077eb59e797bb.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Quiz%20Romania.htm
    If you follow this link you will find the Quiz we have made with Hot Potatoes. It is easy for the students to answer the questions as they have three possible answers to choose from. If they choose the wrong answer they can try again, until they find the correct answer.Just have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicoleta, it's fantastic. We have only written 20 questions. I don't know how to do a questionnaire like that.
    I don't know if I have to upload the questionnaire (copying and pasting) or only the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have used Hot Potatoes to make the quiz.You can download it from the Internet. It is free and easy to use, just follow the steps.
    I will send you the questions in a Word document, but I have no idea how to upload them on the forum. I'll ask the Computer Science teacher to have a look, maybe she can figure out how to put the questions on the forum.
    We have booked the plane tickets. We'll arrive in Santiago on the 23rd of November, around five in the afternoon.
    Thanks for booking rooms in such a nice hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is too late for me to download Hot Potatoes for my questionnare, but I'll try it later.

    The triple room seems very nice, it has a covered balcony, very typical in Galicia because it lets us enjoy the sunlight.

    Bruno arrives early in the morning (9:30). When I have organised your picking up, I'll let you know.

    Good evening

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicoleta
    I've just had a look on your link.
    Hot potaoes is really a good way to show our questions, but if you want us to use it we need more time, above all because I want my students to do the job.

    In this case, it could be a good idea to delay the uploading date to Monday the 18th.
    Anyway, my questions are ready and I'll send them to Paloma today.

    Nicoleta
    now you are Moderator of the Romania section.

    When you want you can open a new topic and down the page on the left you will see "File attachment". There you'll find: "ForumFree Hosting" where you can upload any kind of file (I've never tried with "hot potatoes", but I think it should work) and on the right any kind of image.
    Just try it and tell me!
    If you look at the Italian section, we have uploaded a short presentation of our school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the new link to the quiz we made using Hot Potatoes. It's just for you to have a look.
    Bruno suggested to delay the uploading date. I don't think it is necessary to do that, as we all have the questions ready. In case we decide to use Hot Potatoes, we can use the same questions and it will be easier for the students to find the answers.
    http://cid-e4e077eb59e797bb.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/intrebari.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruno, I have seen your presentation. I tried to upload a picture with some of our students during the interview for the project team selection. I followed the steps you suggested,I got the message of "upload successful" but I cannot see the picture! I don't know what happened.I'll have a look at it again tomorrow at school.

    ReplyDelete